Saturday, July 21, 2012

Opening up

Today during work I opened up to a couple of my co-workers about my eating disorder, one of them has known me for a few years, and the other hasn't. But that one that hasn't known me for a long time, understands and knows what I'm going through. Yeah it was a little bit hard to open up to them, and answer her questions that she kept asking me, it was hard to answer them because I couldn't really exactly get out the words because I was afraid everyone would hear me, and judge me. But it was such a relief to get it off of my shoulders and at least open up to someone. She was really supportive because her mom dealt with bulimia, and she's also seeing a guy who just got out of therapy for bulimia,  so she understands me. She also has a problem with food, but never had an eating disorder herself. It was nice though to open up and tell a stranger (pretty much) about what I'm going through, I feel like I'm getting more support from her than anyone else. She told me herself that if I need anyone to talk to that she will be there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment